Sunday 23 September 2012

Challenge #15: Learn All the European Capitals

They say that knowledge is power. I definitely agree and also knowing stuff makes you seem clever.

My geography has always been pretty mediocre. That mediocrity is what prompted this challenge. I figured that if I am going to live in Europe then I should at least know the countries that comprise it and their capitals. And it might also help with Challenge #22: Participate in a Pub Quiz.

I set about learning the countries first. Suddenly I was overwhelmed by how many there actually are. I used an online testing site called Sheppard Software. I found this to be an excellent way to learn. Whenever I was on my laptop and waiting for something to load, I would flick over to the site and try to remember what I'd memorised. I also downloaded different quizzes onto my phone so I could test myself at any time. Long bus journeys became an ideal time for testing.

To prove this challenge is completed, I've made a video. So, at the time I made it, I could remember all the capitals. However, I have noticed that some capitals (particularly countries I haven't visited or know little about) tend to need refreshing every now and again.

Of course, now that I know all these capitals, I now find myself with a desire to visit every single one...


No comments:

Post a Comment