Tuesday 4 September 2012

Challenge #17: Owl in front of something famous (and preferably high up!)

Owling is the new planking. Or, at least, it was about a year ago.

I was first introduced to 'Owling' by some Essex boys I met in Nice. They had some incredible pictures of them striking the pose in front of famous (and high up) locations. I was immediately intrigued and tried a few of my own.

To complete an accurate 'Owl' you need to bend at the knees into a crouch and stretch your arms towards the ground with your palms flat, mimicking wings. This appears to be easy but I find staying in this position is not fun for those of us with 'older' knees... Hello early onset arthritis!

My first two owls for the year were in Dubrovnik on the famous wall. Walking along, I saw a hollow in one of the towers and commented to my friends that it'd be an amazing place for an owl if I could get up there. Miracles then occurred, as we found that we could actually get into the hole from behind.

Getting into position
Owl achieved!

My second owl. It was a long way down...
The trick is not to look down.

No comments:

Post a Comment